This weekend was all about one thing: tradition. You see, I love a good tradition. I maybe even get a little crazy with them. Like, if we did it one year and it was fun, then we HAVE to do it again every year until the end of time. Sometimes this drives TJ crazy (I don't see why), but we do have a few traditions that we both get equally excited about. The Parade of Homes is one of those yearly traditions that we both love, and it started back up this weekend! Essentially, it's a huge set of new houses throughout the whole county, in a huge price range, that are open to the public. It's a great way to see a bunch of different styles, and meet with different builders/designers/contractors.
This was our 4th time going together, and I can't help but think back to our first Parade of Homes, in 2010, when TJ was my boyfriend, holding my hand, pointing out the stuff he liked in each house, telling me what he envisioned for our future house one day. It was his sweet way of letting me know that he saw a future for us, and it made me giddy. If you have a similar event in your area, I'd highly recommend checking it out.
Now, tell me about your weekend!
2. The coziest little cat you ever did see.
3. I used to hate Diet Coke, but I have to admit that this cherry version in sleek, tall can is pretty tasty.
4. A deep green polish that is perfect for fall.
6. I typically stick to reading fiction, but I've been in a non-fiction mood lately, so I started reading A Stolen Life on Saturday night. The horrifying things that this poor girl had to go through are unbelievable.
7. I'm notoriously bad about remembering to wear an apron when I cook. Luckily, I remembered to grab this adorable apron from my mother-in-law, and I managed to keep my light shirt spotless.
8. How do I cope with the Bye Week Blues? Watch a documentary about the Steelers/Vikings game last week, of course. And yes, re-watching that last fumble by Big Ben hurt just as much during this documentary as it did in real-time.
Linking up with Miss Sami!